Friday, March 20, 2015

Courageous Color Schemes

This week in Interior Design, we learned about the typing of colors and what they can do for a room. 


Triadic
For this room I used Purples, oranges, and greens. All are equally apart on the color wheel. I used shades of purple on my wall and greens for the desk with purple furniture and decoration. 
Triadic Office
Split-Complimentary 
My next room is split complimentary, where two of the colors are near each other on the wheel and the third is on the opposite side. I used blue and green and then red for a child's room. An example is the blue wallpaper and the green rugs and pillows, but on the back there's a huge bright red picture.
Split-complimentary nursery


Analogous  
For a book room, I used colors that are next to each other on the color wheel. My colors were orange, yellow, and green. With my bright yellow chair that's accented by orange furniture surrounded by all my beautiful orange plants.
Analogous Spring

Monochromatic
This final room is all about green! I used different shadings of the earthy feeling green, With only some browns and blacks.
Monochromaticly green





No comments:

Post a Comment